How to write a great essay conclusion?
We have seen most of the students think that the body part of an essay is the most important thing. Yes, the body is an important part but the introduction is also an important part. However, if you think that conclusion is the easiest part, then you wouldn’t be more wrong. A lot of things depend on the conclusion part of the essay and we are writing this article to exactly do that. We want to make sure that you understand the importance of essay conclusion and how you can write the best essay conclusion.
Why is it important?
The conclusion is the part where you answer all the questions raised through the topic of the essay. You present your findings and results in this part to let readers know what you think about the topic. A good conclusion not only helps you to prove your point but also helps you to hide your shortcomings as well. Most of the readers put a lot of focus on the conclusion part of the essay as it is not an easy task to remember the whole essay or the points discussed in the body part. If you can write a good conclusion, we can assure you of better grades.
How to write a perfect essay conclusion?
There are many things that you need to take care of while writing a conclusion. If you make sure that you do these things properly, we can assure you that you will end up writing a perfect conclusion.
- Write the opening statement again – as we have already told you, the conclusion is all about providing the answer to the question provided via the topic. It is considered a good way to write the opening statement again. It should connect the thesis statement to the content of your essay. Once you rephrase the opening statement, it brings all the things together which is essential to provide a proper closing. It should also reconnect to the arguments that you provided in the essay.
- Write the conclusion based on the introduction – it is important that you write your conclusion based on the introduction of the essay. It all connects the dots and provides readers a sense of fulfillment. The conclusion needs to highlight the main issue of your topic presented in the essay.
- Write a summary – it is also quite important for students that they write a summary of the whole essay. You need to write a summary of all the facts and findings that you have put forward in your essay. It should be brief and concise and shouldn’t be like a paragraph. You need to focus on this part a lot as it will stay in readers’ minds for a long time. A lot of success depends on it and you need to write it impeccably well if you want to score perfect grades.
- Add nothing new – you should always keep that in mind that you don’t add new information in this part of the essay. All the discussion should be around the old information that you have provided. If you add new information at this stage of the writing, you might confuse the readers and it could go against you. It also disturbs the flow of the conclusion and adds irrelevancy to the paper.
- Keep it subtle and answer all the questions – you don’t need to try anything new in the conclusion part. You need to keep your words simple and subtle so readers can understand each and every statement of your paper. Also, you should always keep in mind that there are no questions left unanswered. You need to answer all the questions and provide your thoughts on that. There are hidden questions in the topic sometimes and you need to keep those in mind while answering them. Any unanswered question might reduce the quality of your paper and you will see its effects on your grades as well.
Apart from these steps, there are certain things that you should avoid at all costs. Here is the list of those things –
- Avoid writing long sentences as it might confuse the readers.
- You should always avoid writing your personal opinion in the conclusion part of the paper. You need to make statements based on the facts and figures that you have presented.
- There shouldn’t be any question in your conclusion. Avoid it at any cost.
- You should also avoid casual writing and general terminology in your conclusion and stick to the basics.
We can assure you that if you follow all these steps that we have discussed, you would be able to write a perfect essay conclusion that will help you to score some better grades always. The essay writing experts who provide essay writing help to students, have provided us this information. You just need to remember these things and you will be good to go.